Starbright Floral Design was formed in the fall of 1994. The company was formed on the dynamic combination of passion and dreams. Passion for the artistry in flowers, passion for quality, passion for excellence in customer service; and a dream to one day be the best at everything that we do. In the early years it was a husband/wife team (Eva and Nic) struggling to find their footing and their place in the sun. They always remained true to a philosophy that if you give something your best, try your hardest and offer the highest quality (in every aspect), then failure is simply not possible. What began as a twinkle in our eyes has culminated in Starbright, the premier Manhattan florist located in the heart of Chelsea, NYC. A reality has emerged that proves the theory that if you do your best and give everything you have to what you believe in, those who have faith in you will support you and the world will be by your side.
SOME OF WHAT WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN THE PAST EIGHTEEN YEARS INCLUDES...
- Starbright was voted the "Best Florist in New York City" by Citysearch in the "best of" series.
- Voted the Top Florist (by The Knot in 2010) to have prepare your wedding flowers.
- We have more on-line reviews than any other industry peer with most if not all having five stars (308 reviews gathered on Google).
- Starbright was selected as the florist of choice by NYC & Company to decorate for all the major events that are hosted in Manhattan and designed to draw travel and tourism to New York City.
- We have the most "friends" and "likes" than any of our industry peers on social media sites (like Facebook).
- We are selected every day by most major hotel concierges in New York City to serve the flower and gifting requests of their guests.
- Starbright has designed, consulted and decorated at most major venues and worked with most event planners in Manhattan on events of all sizes.
- We were selected in 2004 as the florist-of-choice for the Republican National Convention in Madison Square Garden. With security clearance at the highest level we provided all the floral decor for the festivities that did so much to boost our economy at a time that our city needed it most.
- Starbright consulted on an event in St. Petersburg, Russia for the decor of a five-star property for an American corporate client hosting a world-wide audience.
- Our very own Stephen Faitos has been featured on several home-improvement reality TV shows in the local market (see our Media section for clips).
- Every year we give back to the local community substantially more than 10% of our gross income in value of flowers that we donate to worthy causes, fund-raisers, etc. These include the Ronald McDonald Charities, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Big Brother/Sister, Coalition for the Homeless and much more. The dream is not complete if you do not give back to the community that helps support you and builds you into who you can become.
- And much-much more... including a trillion flower and gift deliveries in New York City and everywhere else on the planet!
Throughout the years Starbright has been available to the press as an industry expert and we have been interviewed and consulted on a variety of topics related to florals, décor, gift giving and the like. Nic Faitos (Senior Partner) is a sought after speaker in related topics as well as a source of reliable information. He has been quoted in the national press (AP, WSJ, etc.) as well as participating in a press conference on the steps of City Hall with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
NYC Press Conference (FF to 14th minute): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzgROoOECQ
Wall Street Journal: http://www.wsj.com/articles/its-3-a-m-and-the-living-is-easy-1453501269
New York Post: http://nypost.com/2012/07/25/flower-biz-is-blooming/
Minneapolis Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/teeth-chattering-temps-move-in-to-northeastern-us/368759791/
Crain’s New York Business: http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20151209/SMALLBIZ/312069994
Manhattan Sideways: http://sideways.nyc/?s=starbright&
20th Anniversary Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTgd93CF-g